Monday, July 28, 2008

Who to vote for?

News Flash: Due to the implosions of the McCain and Obama campaigns, the Republican and Democratic conventions picked the runners-up as their candidates for President of the United States. In November, it will be Mike Huckabee vs Hillary Clinton ...
Just kidding ;-) I did think that I heard some stomachs rumble a bit ... and a few flight reservations to Canada ...

In browsing the net, I found this article interesting: "Obama and the illusion of leadership". Its a bit long, and you may need a dictionary for some of the words, but there are some nuggets of truth in the thing.

As far as McCain is concerned - he is a known quantity. He has his own mind, gets really upset at times, has a good idea from time to time. He has become better in the last few years in the Senate at moving the levers of power. While he can be a bit of a loose cannon, no one would ever claim that he would be controlled by his vice president.

Then there is Obama. Because the current president's popularity is in the dumps, one would expect that any democatic candidate could beat the Republican's candidate. However Obama, despite his two inspirational books, has yet to be defined - which causes some uneasiness among the electorate.

For example, Obama's second book "The Audacity of Hope" is derived from a sermon by none other than Jeremiah Wright - who Obama was later to abandon. While I will admit that I have yet to read Obama's books (I plan to), I've found that lots of folks can write and speak grand phrases, yet hide the real person. The question is: Who is the real Obama?

I must admit, I have more respect for Michelle Obama than her husband. She, at least, appears authentic. I'd rather vote for her.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

I think Barack is just as authentic or even more authentic than his wife. It's almost comical, the things people criticize him for like the fact that the rest of the world likes him, he inspires people and he voted against the war in iraq. But go ahead dad, vote for the same people that are ruining America and have for the past 8 years.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Welcome back Dad.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

I'm not saying who I will be voting for. And for your information, McCain has not been president for the past eight years and we won't have to worry about Cheney anymore. In addition, McCain would not have permitted torture.

Not that I am going to vote for McCain. My point was, I do not yet know who Obama really is. So, his authenticity is still up for debate.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

I didn't say that McCain was president. He is though a republican who only recently as you mentioned at lunch gone to the middle, away from W. Bush. All I am saying is, if you want the Republican party to keep prostituting our country and the constitution then go ahead and vote for McCain. And I know you haven't come out and said that you will but, let's call it a feeling...

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home