Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Obama, the Enigma

In my earlier post, I indicated that I felt that Obama has yet to be defined. It was nice to see an article, entitled "Teaching Law, Testing Ideas, Obama Stood Slightly Apart" in that bastian of liberal thought, the New York Times, which highlights the point I was trying to make. The article is based on interviews with faculty and former students of Obama while he spent his 12 years at the University of Chicago. The article does not trash Obama - I really don't care for pundits that use exaggerated fighting words and diatribes to belittle the target of their contempt. (In fact, I must say that I do respect Obama for not stooping to that level.)

Its nice to know that while I haven't figured him out yet, the faculty and his students at UC couldn't do it either after 12 years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Two posts and all it took was an antagonizing son...

9:59 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Who knew Obama would be your food for thought?

6:01 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Dad - It's been over a year. Come on, post already!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home